Scholarship to Attend Queenstown Research Week Meetings
3Oth – 31st August at Rutherford Hotel in Nelson (see www.queenstownresearchweek.org
The Maurice Wilkins Centre is pleased to offer up to four scholarships for high-school biology teachers to attend the Queenstown Molecular Biology science conference to be held from the 30th-31st August 2016 at the Rutherford Hotel, Nelson.
The purpose of this scholarship is to provide New Zealand’s Science teachers with:
1) exposure to cutting edge research from National and International Scientists.
2) links with some of New Zealand’s leading researchers.
3) links with providers of scientific equipment and supplies.
4) links with the other top science teachers from around New Zealand.
The scholarships will cover conference registration, accommodation, and travel to and from Nelson.
This year the conference will include a talk by Nobel Laureate Sir John Gurdon (Gurdon Institute, Cambridge).
Previous recipients have said:
“I was able to provide new and innovative ideas as well as up to date scientific information on these topics which would interest, stimulate and benefit our students…”
“QMB provided me with great stories about the journey involved in scientific discovery. … The award has also helped me to expand my professional network.”
Applications should contain:
- a short letter (250 words) stating why the applicant would like to attend.
- a one page C.V.
- the name of one referee
Further information can be obtained from Dr Justin O’Sullivan (09 9239868; justin.osullivan@auckland..ac.