NOMINATIONS ARE OPEN FOR THE PETER SPRATT MEDAL
The award recognises a sustained contribution to science education in New Zealand.
NZASE is seeking nominations for this year’s Peter Spratt Medal.
The medal is awarded every second year at SciCon, the science teaching conference organised by the association. This year, SciCon will be held in Christchurch in July.
The Peter Spratt Medal recognises significant and long-term contributions to science education in New Zealand at a grass-roots level.
This might include office holders of regional or national science teacher committees; those who organise conferences, science fairs and other events; and contributors to examination and curriculum panels or other activities that have supported science teachers in New Zealand.
The NZASE executive will choose the recipient based on the nominations received.
Please complete the nomination form here: Peter Spratt Medal Nomination
Nominations are due by Monday 21 May 2018.
- 2008: (inaugural medal) Ian Milne, Faculty of Education, The University of Auckland.
- 2010: Jacquie Bay, LENScience, Auckland .
- 2012: Carolyn Haslam, Faculty of Education, The University of Auckland.
- 2014: Jenny Pollock, HOD Earth and Space Science, Nelson College for Girls.
- 2016: Rosemary Hipkins, Chief Researcher at NZCER