NZASE Membership Registration
To access members-only content, you need to register online as an individual. If your school is already a member school, your individual registration is free as long as you use your school email address. Click the link below to our new registration portal:
Membership of NZASE brings:
- SCICON – the biennial conference of the New Zealand Association of Science Educators. It is organised and hosted by regional science teachers’ associations with NZASE support and provides a unique professional development experience for teachers of science at all levels in New Zealand. Discounts are available to individual NZASE members.
- Online access to articles and resources, a combination of commentary or stories written by the Editor and material submitted by NZASE members and academics.
- Access to science tasks at a cost of $30 each.
- Notification of events and professional opportunities.
General membership of Special Interest Groups (SIGs): Primary Science, Chemistry, Biology, Physics, Earth and Space Science and technicians groups; reduced conference fees; (NOTE: Chemistry, Physics and the technicians group charge an additional fee).
- Support from us as your science teachers’ association;
- Most important of all, a national voice on issues affecting science teachers and technicians.
- Representation on National Committees.
- Access to Ministry curriculum contracts.
|Secondary School||Roll 0-500||$200|
|Secondary School||Roll 501-1000||$250|
|Secondary School||Roll 1001-1500||$300|
|Secondary School||Roll 1501-2000||$350|
|Secondary School||Roll over 2001||$400|
|Intermediate, Primary, Area Schools||Roll 0-150||$75|
|Intermediate, Primary, Area Schools||Roll 151-500||$100|
|Intermediate, Primary, Area Schools||Roll 501-1000||$125|
|Intermediate, Primary, Area Schools||Roll over 1001||$150|
|Tertiary Education Organisations||$250|
Teacher and Student Awards
NZASE supports the Royal Society of New Zealand in its advocacy for awards for teachers and students. These include:
- the NZ Science Mathematics and Technology Teacher Fellowships (http://www.royalsociety.org.nz/programmes/funds/teacher-fellowships/); and
- the Talented School Student Travel Awards (http://www.royalsociety.org.nz/programmes/funds/secondary-school-travel/) for school students selected to attend international science and technology events.