Online Registration for 2018 will be available soon. Please contact us for any information about 2017.
Membership of NZASE brings:
- SCICON – the biennial conference of the New Zealand Association of Science Educators. It is organised and hosted by regional science teachers’ associations with NZASE support and provides a unique professional development experience for teachers of science at all levels in New Zealand. Discounts are available to individual NZASE members.
- Online access to articles and resources, a combination of commentary or stories written by the Editor and material submitted by NZASE members and academics. In addition, there will be one printed issue per year of our glossy journal, the New Zealand Science Teacher.
- Access to science tasks at a cost of $30 each.
- Notification of events and professional opportunities.
General membership of Special Interest Groups (SIGs): Primary Science, Chemistry, Biology, Physics, Earth and Space Science andtechnicians groups; reduced conference fees; (NOTE: Chemistry, Physics and the technicians group charge an additional fee).
- Support from us as your science teachers’ association;
- Most important of all, a national voice on issues affecting science teachers and technicians.
- Representation on National Committees.
- Access to Ministry curriculum contracts.
|Secondary School||Roll 0-500||$200|
|Secondary School||Roll 501-1000||$250|
|Secondary School||Roll 1001-1500||$300|
|Secondary School||Roll 1501-2000||$350|
|Secondary School||Roll over 2001||$400|
|Intermediate, Primary, Area Schools||Roll 0-150||$75|
|Intermediate, Primary, Area Schools||Roll 151-500||$100|
|Intermediate, Primary, Area Schools||Roll 501-1000||$125|
|Intermediate, Primary, Area Schools||Roll over 1001||$150|
|Tertiary Education Organisations||$250|
Teacher and Student Awards
NZASE supports the Royal Society of New Zealand in its advocacy for awards for teachers and students. These include:
- the NZ Science Mathematics and Technology Teacher Fellowships (http://www.royalsociety.org.nz/programmes/funds/teacher-fellowships/); and
- the Talented School Student Travel Awards (http://www.royalsociety.org.nz/programmes/funds/secondary-school-travel/) for school students selected to attend international science and technology events.